Monday, April 25, 2011

What a surprise!

Today I got an message from Leticia Ribeiro, 3rd degree black belt and 5x world champ. I thought I was gonna die and go to BJJ heaven! I made a comment on a Facebook page on one of her seminars in Arizona.."i wish she would do an east coast one.." Well, looks like I got my wish! She sent me the info and all that. I just need to pick a date and settle the business end of it with all those important people and details. I'm hoping that the association approves of her coming. Our guy who does all that is on vacation. I have my fingers crossed and aiming for a weekend in June. She said any time after the Worlds! So I definitely need at least 20 students to come to her seminar. I am hoping when things are solid that my Virginia and Carolina buddies will come and show support. I've never set up a seminar before, but I am hoping this one will be a great success! I think I will have it be a co-ed event to ensure I can meet the minimum 20. The next question is should it be a regular 1-2 day seminar or BJJ 3 day camp (fri,sat, sun)? What would you want to attend? I'm hoping that Addie, clinzy and Leslie will be able to come..any thoughts guys?

2 comments:

  1. Whoo!

    I will do everything I can to attend. I think a one-day seminar on Saturday would be best for me, since its on the other side of the state and that means driving, but I'll try to make anything you get set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl. I am pretty sure it's a go. Just need to set a date and all that. Hope you are having a great birthday! Sent you a facebook message! As soon as I know the date, I will let you know. I was hoping for June, but I forgot about NAGA in VA. But I would skip it to train with her..lol

    ReplyDelete